Surviving The Warmer Weather While Pregnant
When I originally thought of writing this post, we were here in the lower 80′s. I’m starting to wonder if I jinxed it because as I write this now we are in the 30′s! What gives Mother Nature?
Like I said, last week was gorgeous out. And of course, I was trying to hold out as long as possible without turning the air conditioning on. Not sure why I do this, maybe it’s because I’m from the Midwest. We don’t turn our air on until June. Even my uncle practiced this when he moved to Arizona. I lived there, and let me say, there’s no way you’re going to June 1st without the air! He learned fast.
Anyway, I digress. It WAS warm and I had tried out a few things that made the warmer weather more comfortable. And it’ll be good to know because I’ll be ready to pop in June. Hope these help you as much as they did me that very short week of warmer weather.
Tips for Surviving Warm Weather While Pregnant
- Carry a spray bottle full of cold water for heat emergencies (like that scorchking walk from Target to your car).
- Wear lightweight, breathable T-shirts.
- Keep an ice pack handy. It’s especially good for when aches and pains hit, or during pregnancy hot flashes.
- Camp out by a source of water whenever possible.
- Buy a fabulous maternity swimsuit and show of your belly.
- Stay hydrated. Check out some flavored water recipes or cool down with a nutritious smoothie.
- Keep your house stock with food so you can avoid making trips to the store during the heat-of-the day.
- Use a highlighter to turn your perspiration into shimmer.
- Get a pair of flip-flops. They’re easy to put on and if you’re feet are swollen, they’ll fit easily.