Relax With A Hot Towel Scrub
Happy Wednesday Friends,
I am amazed by all the easy things you can do to better your health. This hot towel scrub is one of them.
You’re a few weeks into the new year and if you made a resolution to get healthy, then listen up! This is one of the easiest things you could do for yourself and it is so relaxing!
- Reduces muscles tension.
- Re-energizes in the morning and deeply relaxes at night.
- Opens the pores to release toxins.
- Softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them for discharge.
- Allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite, and toxins to actively discharge to the surface rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs.
- Relieves stress through meditative action of rubbing the skin.
- Calms the mind.
- Promotes circulation.
- Activates the lymphatic system, especially when scrubbing underarms.
- Easy massage and deep self-care.
- Can be your “me time” especially if done with candlelight and a drop or two of essential oils, such as lavender.
1. Turn on the hot water and fill the sink.
2. Hold the towel at both ends and place in the hot water.
3. Wring out the towel.
4. While the towel is still hot and steamy, begin to scrub the skin gently.
5. Do one section of the body at a time.
6. Scrub until the skin becomes slightly pink or until each part becomes warm.
7.Reheat the towel often by dipping it in the sink of hot water after scrubbing each section, or as soon as the towel starts to cool.
Body scrubbing can be done before or after your bath or shower. For the maximum effect, scrub your body twice a day: once in the morning and once again in the evening. You can scrub anywhere from 2-20 minutes.