Do you know what holiday is coming up? Hint: According to mom’s, it’s the most important holiday of them all… Mother’s Day.
You have one day of the year, where I fully believe you’re entitled to be selfish. After all, you play chauffeur, maid, accountant, handyman, chef, teacher, organizer, babysitter, psychologist, manager, and many more. If I missed any, feel free to leave a comment below
My point is, you do it all! That hard work can be exhausting. It may be hard to do, but you gotta take time for yourself. My favorite saying is “if mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy.” As a little treat to yourself, all you need is 20 minutes. Turn on some relaxing music, light up some candles, shut the bathroom doors, and just let yourself sink into the bathtub. In fact, if I really need to talk you into it more, then read on for the benefits…
Benefits Of An Epsom Salt Bath
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
So if the hubby needs some convincing, tell him it’s for your own health Below is a recipe I use weekly for myself. Be sure to forward it to your husband or kids as a little hint. Because let’s face it, the husbands can’t read our minds.
Epsom Salt Bath
- 2 c. epsom salts
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- A few drops of essential oil (For something relaxing, my favorite is lavender)
Add to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes.
Happy Mother’s Day,